The MECA Wedge is a unique high-density product that was initially designed as a medical tool for patients suffering from lower back pain. However, once introduced as a fitness tool, The MECA Wedge proved to do much more.
In Addition, The MECA Wedge:
- Improves the overall health of the lower back by enhancing the natural curvature of the spine,
unloading (removes tension from) the over stressed and over-lengthened supportive ligaments while creating enough counter-pressure to force the soft tissue to remold, thereby improving the spines elasticity and over all health.
- For those with asymptomatic backs (those who
do not suffer from back pain) The Wedge is utilized as a preventative tool to unload the stresses placed on the back from sitting and other daily activities. When used as an abdominal conditional tool it is unparalleled in its ability to strengthen the abdominals efficiently and effectively while negating the penalty that is placed on the back from traditional abdominal based exercises.
- Protects the lower back from the damaging forces of traditional abdominal exercises, while redirecting the negative forces from the lower back into the abdominal wall, enhancing and maximizing the effort of every repetition.
- Increases the stability of the spine, which is imperative to having and maintaining good back health.
- Enhances spinal proprioception, which is key to increasing body awareness.
- Assists in hydrating the disks of the spine. A lack of circulation of disk fluids leads to degenerative disk disease and subsequent degenerative joint diseases.
- Maximizes the extension of the lower back. At the same time, the trapezoidal shape creates longitudinal traction of the spinal column. Traction of the spinal column is beneficial in reducing pressure on discs, joints and supportive muscles.
- Improves posture by correcting pelvis position.